Life Size Stand-up Photo, Custom Print
By buying this product you can collect up to 40 points. Your cart will total 40 points that can be converted into a voucher of $2.00.
Make your next function more festive with our life-size photos that are free-standing. Have us print whatever you want on our high quality materials. Great for parties, conventions, wedding receptions, sporting events, trade shows, school events, grand openings, or any small or large gathering. Easy to set up, our stand-up custom print photo panels come with a free stand.
1) We cannot improve the image quality of your picture. If your photograph is of low quality the final product will reflect that.
2) In order to save you money on shipping we fold the image. This will affect image quality somewhat. Please see our Information section.
3) After you upload or email your picture to us, we will send you an image for your approval. Our goal is to ship out your Photo Cutout within four days of your approval.
4) Please only send images that you have the rights to reproduce. By sending us an image to reproduce you are taking the responsibility for copyright clearance.
Just about everyone loves full-sized photo cutouts. There is just something about them that screams "FUN". And there are so many uses for them from photo-ops to product advertising and everything in between.
Photo Standees are excellent for any event where photos of people (especially) add to the celebration. Our custom life-sized photo panels are great for Weddings and Wedding Receptions, Commencements and Graduations, Quinceañeras, Bar Mitzvahs, Confirmations, Family Reunions, Retirement parties, Wedding Anniversaries, Engagement parties, Bridal showers, Funerals and Memorial services, Awards Ceremonies, Births and Birthdays, Banquets and Roasts, Sporting Events, Political events and rallies, School functions, Church events, Welcome Home parties, and many other events where people are being honored.
How our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Cutout Custom Print works.
- Size - You decide on the size. The default size is 6 feet by 2.5 feet. Pick a size that is large enough to fit the subject.
- Photo - Please send us a very high resolution photo, since these are large prints.
- - Most current cell phones will take a high enough resolution photo.
- - For Life Sized Standees, make sure the feet as well as the head are well inside the viewing area. Step back a little so you get everything.
- - If you can take the picture in front of a solid color backdrop that would help us remove the subject from the background. If not, no worries.
- Mounting - Our Life-Size Photo Standup Prints are very light-weight and are easy to set up. See the Installation tab for full instructions.
- Options - You have several options for what we mount on.
- - Suggested Option: Coroplast, which is plastic cardboard. Coroplast is strong, lightweight, and waterproof. Your photo will look great printed on this material. The down side is that the surface is not entirely smooth, so you see the corrugated lines in it.
- - Coated Cardboard: It has all the same features as Coroplast, except it is not waterproof.
- - Foam Core Board: Foam Core has a very smooth surface specifically designed for printing, so you image will look the best on it. It is not waterproof.
Here is an up-close picture of our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Panel Custom Print printed on Coroplast. Note how clear the printing is (very high quality) but also the corrugation marks.
Our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Custom Print make fun gifts for that special person in your life.
Don't let life steal your memories, get a Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Custom Print of your favorite son or daughter, pet, relative, or even a younger version of you.
To start an order you’ll need to first purchase the custom product. If you need design work, we require an order to be placed. We do not do any design work without a paid order.
Step 1: Enter the number of Custom Life Size Stand-up Photo Prints you want to purchase, using the box above that looks like this. you can use the arrows or type directly into the space that originally says 1.
Step 2: Click on Add to Cart.
Step 3: When you are ready send your high quality photo to our designers. You can either email it to us at email@example.com, upload it by going to the Upload button, in your account. (To get to your account, log in, and then click on the three horizontal bars in the header of the web page, and click on the My Account dropdown), or text it to us at 562-941-5050. If you text or chat please have your order number so we can put it in our notes.
Step 4: We will get back to you with a proof, showing you what your Measure Up will look like, usually within 24 hours (Monday-Friday) and will produce your Measure Up within two days of your approval.
You can send questions, comments, images, and design instructions to our designers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some things you should know.
We can't improve the quality of the image you send, so if your image is old or low resolution, the cutout print will be blurry and/or pixelated. Please keep that in mind when you order. We will do some minor touchups to try to make the image the best it can be, but as they say, "you can't make silk out of a sow's ear".
If you are using an old photo one thing you can try is using your phone's camera rather than a scanner to get the image. Try to get the image in bright but indirect lighting for the best image possible. If your photo is in a frame, under glass, it should be removed before taking the photo.
Prints up to 30 inches wide will be folded to avoid extra shipping charges. There will be a fold line somewhat visible. Generally this shouldn't be a problem. Prints wider than 30 inches will be triple-folded, for shipping purposes, the cost goes way up when shipping oversized pictures.
You should work with someone to set up your Life Size Stand-up Photo Cutout. Your Photo Standee comes in two pieces. The stand and the Photo print itself. Here are the steps we suggest to set up your stand-up photo. If your stand is over 6 feet tall you will have an extra fold that will need to be supported. Do that step first. See note below.
- Take the stand and fold back the flap or flaps. The white face of the stand faces the front, so fold the white flaps away from the front.
- Pop the top part of the cutout section and bend it down until it "locks" into place in the stands flaps.
- Carefully unfold the Photo Cutout and stand it up against the stand to see where it should go. It is a good idea to mark the location at the bottom with a marker of some sort. The backside goes against stand (but I didn't really need to say that did I).
- Remove the plastic protective film from the double-sided tape.
- Holding the bottom of the Photo Standup (Standee) against the bottom of the stand, make sure both are level to the ground and the stand is where you marked it.
- Carefully put the two pieces together, starting at the bottom and tipping the Photo Standee against the stand.
- Gently press the two together.
- Carefully lay the photo cut out on a suitable flat surface and press the two together, so the tape sticks well to the cutout.
- Your Stand-up Photo is ready to display.
If your stand is over 6 feet you will need to support the top piece using the extra support piece. Unfold your photo printout onto a large flat (clean) surface. Put it face down and find the fold mark between the top two sections. Pull the protective covers off the tape on the small support piece. Place the support brace over the fold between the top two panels, like the picture below.
Most newer cell phones will take excellent quality photos for your Custom Life-Size Stand-Up Photo Cutout. Here are some guidelines for getting the best photos from your cell phone.
- Stand farther back than you normally would. If your subject is a child you should take the photo at their level, not yours.
- Make sure the subject is completely in the view finder. After you line them up step back a little bit. This will help with the aspect ratio and ensure that the whole subject is in the picture.
- Hold your phone/camera vertically (portrait position; which is the normal way to hold the phone). As you look at your subject, try to make sure the perspective is right - that is the subject's head isn't too large, or vice versa. Tipping the top toward the subject will enlarge their head; tipping it back toward you will make it smaller. Holding the camera so you are about in their center, should make the perspective the best it can be.
- If you can take the photo against a light background or contrasting background, that makes cutting out the image easier.
- Don't stand too near a wall, try to stand at least 3 feet out, that way you don't get that shadowing effect.
- Take the picture in as bright as light as possible. Low light will effect the pixel quality. Outdoors works best, especially right after the sun goes down to avoid shadows.
We can work around just about everything except low quality. You can check the quality yourself by enlarging the picture. If the picture stays clear and sharp when you enlarge it, it will most likely work for us.
The best way to get the picture to us is to upload it to our website using the uploader. You have to create an account in order to use the uploader so the computer knows whose account to associate the photo with. You can upload your picture during checkout, if you have made an account, or you can log back into your account (My Account is found by clicking on the three horizontal bars on the right of the menu bar). You have an uploader tab in your account section.
We will check your image and let you know if we think it will work or not. In some cases, especially if you are using an old photo that has been scanned, there may be no way to get a really sharp picture and you will just want to go with it anyway.