Make your next function more festive with our life-size photo cutouts that are free-standing (STANDEES). Have us print whatever you want on our high quality materials. Great for parties, conventions, wedding receptions, sporting events, trade shows, school events, grand openings, or any small or large gathering. Easy to set up and take down, our stand-up photo cutouts come with a free removable stand.
1) We cannot improve the image quality of your picture. If your photograph is of low quality the final product will reflect that.
2) If your subject is missing body parts, we can generally add them. If we have to add them please select and pay the design fee.
3) After you upload or email your picture to us, we will cut it out the main image and send you an proof for your approval. Our goal is to ship out your Photo Cutout within THREE days of your approval.
4) Please only send images that you have the rights to reproduce. By sending us an image to reproduce you are taking the responsibility for copyright clearance.
5) If you are purchasing your life-size cutout for a special event and need it by a certain date. PLEASE let us know in the comments box to the right. We can probably work with your time schedule.
Please read the CONSIDERATIONS tab for information about sizes and material options.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this product email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send us your images if you have a question about the quality, or just forgot to upload your image when you placed your order.
Just about everyone loves full-sized photo cutouts. There is just something about them that screams "FUN". And there are so many uses for them from photo-ops to product advertising and everything in between.
Photo Standees are excellent for any event where photos of people (especially) add to the celebration. Our custom life-sized photo cutouts are great for Weddings and Wedding Receptions, Commencements and Graduations, Quinceañeras, Bar Mitzvahs, Confirmations, Family Reunions, Retirement parties, Wedding Anniversaries, Engagement parties, Bridal showers, Funerals and Memorial services, Awards Ceremonies, Births and Birthdays, Banquets and Roasts, Sporting Events, Political events and rallies, School functions, Church events, Welcome Home parties, and many other events where people are being honored.
We reserve the right to not process photos of images we find offensive.
How our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Cutout Custom Print works.
- Size - Your cutout will be proportionately scaled to the height you select. The most common size choice is 6'. This generally ends up being about 2.5' wide for the average person. Due to the size of material we print on we are limited to 4' on the width. We can generally fit 2 people in one cutout as long as they are standing close together. We will let you know if we have concerns about the size you selected so we can work something out.
- All the Large Standees will come folded in the center to avoid oversize charges (currently over $80!). There will be a slight crease in the standee, but it will be very slight.
- If you have an approximate height you want your standee to be, let us know that in the comments section.
Photo - Please send us a very high resolution photo, since these are large prints.
- - Most current cell phones will take a high enough resolution photo.
- - For Life Sized Standees, make sure the feet as well as the head are well inside the viewing area. Step back a little so you get everything.
- - If you can take the picture in front of a solid color backdrop that would help us remove the subject from the background. If not, no worries.
Mounting - Our Life-Size Photo Cutout Prints are very light-weight and are easy to set up. See the Installation tab for full instructions.
Material Options - You have several options for what we mount on.
- - Suggested Option: Coroplast, which is plastic cardboard. Coroplast is strong, lightweight, and waterproof. Your photo will look great printed on this material.
- The down side is that the surface is not entirely smooth, so you see the corrugated lines in it.
- - Coated Cardboard: It has all the same features as Coroplast, except it is not waterproof.
Here is an up-close picture of our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Cutout Custom Print printed on Coroplast. Note how clear the printing is (very high quality) but also the corrugation marks.
Our Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Cutout Custom Print make fun gifts for that special person in your life.
Don't let life steal your memories, get a Life-Size Free-Standing Photo Cutout Custom Print of your favorite son or daughter, pet, relative, or even a younger version of you.
Some things you should know.
We can't improve the quality of the image you send, so if your image is old or low resolution, the cutout print will be blurry. Please keep that in mind when you order. We will do some minor touchups to try to make the image the best it can be, but as they say, "you can't make silk out of a sow's ear".
If you are using an old photo one thing you can try is using your phone's camera rather than a scanner to get the image. Try to get the image in bright but indirect lighting for the best image possible.
Prints over 47 inches tall will be folded to avoid extra shipping charges. There will be a fold line somewhat visible. Generally this shouldn't be a problem. Prints wider than 30 inches may be triple-folded, for shipping purposes, the cost goes way up when shipping oversized pictures.
We can add a text bubble to your image at extra cost. If you would like a text or cloud bubble added just let us know in the comments section.
Adding Missing Body Parts
We can often add in missing body parts. Of course it will never be exactly like the original but we can usually come close.
Here are a couple of examples.
You should work with someone to set up your Life Size Stand-up Photo Cutout. Your Photo Standee comes in two pieces. The Stand and the Photo Cutout Standee itself. Here are the steps we suggest to set up your cutout.
- Take the stand and fold back the flap or flaps. The white face of the stand faces the front, so fold the white flaps away from the front.
- Pop the top part of the cutout section and bend it down until it "locks" into place in the stands flaps.
- Carefully unfold the Photo Cutout and remove it from the background (we leave the background attached to help avoid damage in shipping.
- Carefully put the stand and the standee together, starting at the bottom and tipping the Photo Standee against the stand.
- Gently press the two together.
- Your Stand-up Photo Cutout is ready to display.
Most newer cell phones will take excellent quality photos for your Custom Life-Size Stand-Up Photo Cutout. Here are some guidelines for getting the best photos from your cell phone.
- Stand farther back than you normally would. If your subject is a child you should take the photo at their level, not yours.
- Make sure the subject is completely in the view finder. After you line them up step back a little bit. This will help with the aspect ratio and ensure that the whole subject is in the picture.
- Hold your phone/camera vertically (portrait position; which is the normal way to hold the phone). As you look at your subject, try to make sure the perspective is right - that is the subject's head isn't too large, or vice versa. Tipping the top toward the subject will enlarge their head; tipping it back toward you will make it smaller. Holding the camera so you are about in their center, should make the perspective the best it can be.
- If you can take the photo against a light background or contrasting background, that makes cutting out the image easier.
- Don't stand too near a wall, try to stand at least 3 feet out, that way you don't get that shadowing effect.
- Take the picture in as bright as light as possible. Low light will effect the pixel quality. Outdoors works best, especially right after the sun goes down to avoid shadows.
We can work around just about everything except low quality. You can check the quality yourself by enlarging the picture. If the picture stays clear and sharp when you enlarge it, it will most likely work for us.
The best way to get the picture to us is to upload it to our website using the uploader. You have to create an account in order to use the uploader so the computer knows whose account to associate the photo with. You can upload your picture during checkout, if you have made an account, or you can log back into your account (My Account is found by clicking on the three horizontal bars on the right of the menu bar). You have an uploader tab in your account section.
We will check your image and let you know if we think it will work or not. In some cases, especially if you are using an old photo that has been scanned, there may be no way to get a really sharp picture and you will just want to go with it anyway.
This Custom Photo Cutout has an average turnaround production time of 3 days AFTER the approved design is submitted to the printer, plus transit shipping time.
Screen Proofs depict Design Layout, Text Accuracy & Image Placement, but will only ESTIMATE Color Matching or Color Density. We DO NOT guarantee that the Custom Printed Sign will match the color displayed on your Computer Monitor or Printer exactly. Every substrate (print media) has a different density than paper so printed material will look differently. We can match colors fairly well, however.
Vista Flags has no upload capability on our web site (after checkout), so we communicate via email. Since we need everything in writing, all correspondence concerning custom products is done via email. Once we receive your email indicating a design as APPROVED, Vista Flags is released from ALL liabilities for any errors including, but not limited to: Grammar, Spelling, Color Matching, Size, Image Placement, Resolution, and Color Density. Custom products are NOT returnable. However, we will make every attempt to satisfy our customers.
While we try to match the colors as accurately as possible, a variety of things will alter the colors, some of which are beyond our control (currently) including humidity. Inks respond differently to temperature and can change from batch to batch. If you are designing your own sign and it contains yellow, make it at pure as possible (100% Yellow - 0% everything else), slight percentages of other colors may turn the yellow green. Custom Sign are not returnable.
Custom ProductPhoto CutoutStandee